I posted a look on instagram not to long ago and I got many messages asking to hear more details on how to achieve the look. When wearing a bolder lip I tend to keep my shadow fairly neutral and subtle (which is not a mandatory rule but just something to keep in mind).
Follow along with my step by step tutorial here:
1. Using a soft brown pencil liner carve out your crease (I used Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Bourbon). The shape and size of this will depend on your individual eye shape. Follow your natural crease and curve of your lid/eye.
2. Using a smudging brush soften and blend out any harsh lines from the liner.
3. Pick up a brown shadow on a blending brush that is almost the same shade as the liner (I used Folie by MAC), and soften and blend out the look further.
4. Fill in the lid space with a creamy white matte shadow. I used Blanc Type by MAC.
5. Take a softer brown, I used Cafe Au Lait by Laura Merceir and drag it through your crease further blending the outer crease application.
6. Apply a subtle brow highlight.
7. Clean up the edge of the shadow by wrapping a makeup wipe around your finger and using your nail to clean up the edge.
8. Apply liquid liner and lashes.
9. Apply a white liner along the lower water line and a splash of satin highlight in the inner teat duct.
Here is the finished look:
The bold lip is Flat out Fabulous by MAC darkened in the outer corners with Make Up For Ever Flash Palette cream black. Personally I find this is a great shadow look to pair with any dark/bright/statement lip!
As always, if you have any questions or wish to book me for your next event please do so here!