So I recently posted this motd (makeup of the day) picture on my instagram and got tons of emails and messages to do a tutorial/step by step on the look. Ask and you shall receive!
This look is super easy to achieve and super quick! I love a dewy look anytime of a year really but in summer, it's a must! This post has 3 step by steps on how I achieve each section of the look. Let's start with complexion...
2. Use a kabuki style foundation brush and buff into skin, starting from the center of the face (T-zone) softening outwards. I did not set this step, I wanted to keep the dewyness going!
3. Next up apply a concealer/brightening product to the under eye in a V shape, between the brows blending up into the center of the forehead, chin and anywhere else you wish to brighten/conceal. I used the BH Cosmetics Concealer palette. I went ahead and used the darker shade in this palette to also contour my face.
4. Then, apply a matte bronzer to the areas you contoured (hollows of the cheek, hair line, sides of the nose etc). I used Chocolate Soleil by Too Faced.
5. Finish off your complexion with a peachy coloured blush and a glowing highlight. The blush I used is unfortunately discontinued but compare the picture to one you might have or wish to purchase! The highlight I used along the tops of my cheeks and down the bridge of my nose is Soft and Gentle by MAC.
Next up, eyes! This eye look is sooo easy and sooo fast - it's literally going to be my go to all summer! Here goes...
1. As always, start with a clean primed eye lid and brows done.
2. Next take the same highlighting powder you used to highlight your face (I used Soft and Gentle by MAC), pick this product up on a flat dense brush. Begin to build the colour on your lid by pressing the product into the lid rather than dusting it on. Doing so will provide you with a super pigmented look.
3. Then pic up a little of the matte bronzer you used (I used Chocolate Soleil by Too Faced) on a fluffy blending brush (I used Sephora Pro Blending brush), blend it through the crease using somewhat broad strokes. This will give a beautiful natural looking contour to the eye.
4. Apply your liquid liner. My go to liquid liner is Line Stiletto by Maybelline!
5. Apply false lashes. I used Red Cherry Lashes #43.
6. Apply a white eye liner to the waterline on the lower lashes. Top off the look by highlighting the tear duct and brow bone with the same highlighter!
Lastly, a peachy pout...
Whenever you are creating a super nude/pastel/light coloured lip you always want to neutralize any pink/redness in your natural lip colour. Doing this will help avoid those muddy tones and will help the lip colour that's in the tube show up true to colour.
1. Take a concealer that matches your skin (nothing too light, something closer to your skin colour), press the concealer into the lips getting into all the little lines and cracks. I used the same concealer as linked above, BH Cosmetics Concealer Palette.
2. Use a peachy pastel lip colour. I used a shade from the Make Up For Ever Flash Palette. This product is an awesome investment (yes, it is quite pricey). But it can do SO many things! It is definitely more of a professional product but if you are comfortable playing and creating it is perfect for you. It can make foundations, lip sticks, brow fillers, face paint, body paint the list goes on! From the palette I used this pretty pastel peach hue and filled in my lips using and lip brush.
3. Finish off with a gloss if you wish and highlight your cupids bow! This will all add to that end result of peachy glowy goodness!
There you have it...
Hope you guys enjoyed this post and all the best recreating this look at home! As always, let me know if you have any questions or if you wish to book me for your upcoming event!
Have a fabulous day! oXo