Here is a look that's great for day or night. Being that I used all matte shadows the look has a bit of a softer look than if I were to use something more shimmery or iridescent. This is a great look to take you from day to night. If you are attending a wedding in the early afternoon but would like your makeup to look suitable for both the ceremony and the dinner and dance, this is a fab look to try...
Here are the two palettes I used to create the look as well as the exact shadows from the palettes I used...
Let's get started with a step by step tutorial on creating this look...
1. Start with a clean base. Apply a lid primer that conceals any pigmentation in the lid and leaves a smooth neutral canvas to work on.
2. Pick up Faint and #4 (M2), mix together and apply all over lid. Use a pressing motion rather than a dusting motion to get a full pigmented application.
3. Pick up #4(M2) and #3(M5) on a fluffy blending brush and blend through the crease, softening the lid colour creating a seamless finish.
4. Apply W.O.S as a brow highlight blending into the crease colour.
5. Pick up #5(M1) and #6(M6) and apply these two colours into the outer corner and outer crease, blending until perfect.
6. Apply liquid liner.
7. Apply a soft brown pencil liner along the lower waterline and into the outer half of the lashes. This step will look a little messy, just go with it!
8. Take a smudge brush and a bit of Faint, blend out and soften the liner you just applied on the lower lashes.
Lastly apply mascara to both the upper and lower lashes and a set of false lashes if you wish!
Here is a closer look at the finished product...
I finished the look with a matte pink blush and a matte pink lip - making this look totally matte. Feel free to finish it multiple other ways, using peach, coral, orange, or even a darker lip would work! This look is very versatile and can be worn tones of different ways - get creative!
As always, feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if you wish to book me for your next event!