So Valentines day is right around the corner, some love it some hate it! I say no matter if your single or taken you can enjoy this love filled day! Look nice for yourself, family or friends. If you do have that special someone you want to impress, I have some little tips I like to live by when it comes to this day or any other romantic event.
First off, a good rule of thumb is you don't want to stray too far from what you normally do. You still want to look and feel like yourself just turn it up a notch ;) You also want to give off a touchable and approachable vibe so I tend to avoid super harsh looks like a red/bold lip or perfectly styled hair. You don't want your special someone to feel like they will mess you up if they decide to sweep you off your feet.
This is the look I went for...
Instead of going for those perfectly set curls I decided to go for something a little more tousled looking. I used my Bombshell 1.5 inch Waver. This tool is just like a curling rod with no clamp but instead of being round it is flat and the waves come out in a zig zag form. It looks like this...
After I curled my whole head in about 1 inch sections I let the curls cool. Next up I ran my fingers through them loosening them up - while doing this I also sprayed in Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray, scrunching and tossing my hair back and forth. Once I was achieved those perfectly tousled locks, I set the look with a finishing spray.
I love a softly blurred smokey eye with a bold liquid liner, lashes and a clean under eye - that tends to be my go to look. I stuck with what works for me and created this eye look. I decided to use a white eyeliner along my water line to brighten up the look and give it a sense of innocence. I used purples pinks and creams, sticking with soft feminine colours. Here are the colours I used (all MAC shadows)...
1. Start with a clean primed eye lid. Then apply Yogurt by MAC all over the lid with a flat dense brush.
2. Next up pick up Folie on a blending brush and buff it into the outer corner of the eye and along the crease. Then add a touch of Sketch and Blackberry softening and blending towards the center of the lid.
3. Apply a brow highlight, I used Yogurt again for this.
4. Take a small dense brush and apply Carbon to the very outer corner/crease. After you've applied the product, blend it out with the fluffy blending brush you used earlier.
5. Apply liquid liner.
6. Apply false lashes.
7. Apply a white eye liner onto your lower water line, be sure to avoid the lashes as we are going for a clean look - smudging onto the lashes can look messy.
8. Apply In The Nude lip liner by Essence all over the lip, creating a neutral base. Then apply Spice lip liner by MAC slightly over lining for fuller lips.
9. Apply Chatter Box by MAC all over the lip!
Here are the lip products:
There you have it, a pretty&romantic, touchable&feminine v-day look! Hope you enjoyed this post, as always feel free to contact me with any questions or to book your next event!