As promised, todays second post! I have been getting quite a few requests on how I do my waves or how to do old hollywood inspired "S" waves. I have a pretty easy technique to follow, check it out and follow along...
1. First, part your hair down the back of your head so half of your hair is on each side of your shoulders. Then take a 1 inch section, spray with hair spray and wrap around the wand wrapping away from your face. So over and around the wand. Continue to do that on each side Ex. the right side all the curls will be wrapped around and back to the right, left side around and back to the left.
2. You curls will be hard, tight and not cute. Let them cool down like this. Do your makeup, pick out your outfit, paint your nails - whatever. Just let the curls cool completely before moving on. The reason for this is you want to create a curl memory with the hair spray and hot tool you just used. Letting the curls sit in such a tight hard state will make sure you don't loose your curls during the next step.
3. Take a bore/bristle brush and slowly and deeply brush out the curls. You don't want to brush fast and lightly because that will just make the curls frizz up. You want to press the brush firmly into the curls as you slowly brush through them.
4. Then, to accentuate the S wave. Pinch your hair where the wave is already there, as I've done in the above picture.
5. Clamp your straightener down so that there looks to be a round bulb of hair peaking through. I gently tighten and let go of the straightener as not to make a line in the hair but to get a hot press.
Finish with running a bit of dry oil to smooth any frizz and set with hair spray! I find these curls look better on day 2! Hope that helped you guys out :)