I posted this look on my instagram earlier today and thought I would share a step by step tutorial! I used all brown or gold products for this look - the only black products used were liquid liner and mascara :)
1. Apply a soft gold/champagne shadow over the lid. I used Laura Mercier Sun Lit.
2. Apply a dark brown along your crease (cut crease technique - to check out other looks like this one type in "cut crease" or "step by step" into my search engine here!). I used Laura Mercier Rich Coffee.
3. Take a blending brush and pick up a little more of the dark brown shadow just used and blend out the crease.
4. Take a lighter brown and blend out the very edge of the dark brown shadow just applied. I used Folie by MAC.
5. Apply a brow highlight - I used a Maybelline shadow in Linen.
6. Apply your liquid liner then take a dark brown pencil liner and line the water line as well as the lash line. I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glid-On Eye Pencil in Currupt.
7. Blend this out using the lighter of the two brown shadows used earlier.
8. Apply false lashes.
9. Apply a few coats of mascara on the lower lashes.
There you have it - a wearable brown smokey eye! I find that since this look is a bit softer because we used browns instead of blacks, it can be worn during both day and night!
Here is a peak at the full look...
I used a different set of complexion/bronzer/blush products for this look so as promised here is a full product list:
Foundation: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation (I am loving this product! The coverage is perfect for me - not to full not to sheer)
Contour/Bronzer: I actually used a pressed powder in a darker shade for this step. I used the Fit Me! Powder also by Maybelline in Toffee/Caramel. It's the perfect shade of bronzer for me and actually very very similar to the Chocolate Soleil by Too Faced that I always use!
Highlight: I used Soft and Gentle by MAC Cosmetics
Lips: I lined my lips with Spice by MAC then I mixed two lipsticks. First I applied Creamy Nude by Essence Cosmetics then I applied just a touch of Cosmo by MAC. I then topped it off with a Stila gloss in Blush.
As always feel free to contact me if you have any questions or to book me for your next event! Hope you enjoyed this tutorial, have a fabulous week!