Today's post is going to be about creating an awesome smokey eye using mainly gel liner. Not only will this create the deepest darkest black possibile but it will also really help the smokey eye hold up well, especially if you use a waterproof gel liner.
1. Started with a clean primed eye lid. Apply a layer of gel liner (I used makeup for ever aqua cream) all over your lid stopping at the crease (this does not have to look perfect)
2. Take a black shadow (I used Carbon by MAC) and a blending brush and soften the crease and lid.
3. Take a bricky burnt orange shadow (I used a colour from the all matte Stila palette called "In the know" the colour is called "fire") and blend that into the crease softening the black even further creating a really buffed out and blended look.
4. Apply a brow highlight.
5. Apply the gel liner again all over the lower lash line. Into the lashes, on the water line and cover any skin around the eye to really create a blacked out effect.
6. Use the same black shadow and soften the edges with a small smudge brush.
7. Use the same bricky burnt orange shadow to soften and blend out even further with the same small smudge brush.
8. Apply liquid liner and mascara!
Here is a closer look at the eye...
Hope this helped you guys out and as always feel free to contact me with any questions or book me for a special event!