Here is another step-by-step how to eye look! This one is a gradient smokey eye. I used four distinct different colours but by blending properly they all look cohesive. Try this look with any colours you want!
1. Pack a black shadow onto the eyelid using a stiff flat brush.
2. Blend out the edge of the shadow into the crease to soften using a blending brush and a little more black shadow.
3. Use the same blending brush to apply another colour into the crease. I used a cranberry shade.
4. Apply a brighter colour very softly onto the edge of the last colour applied with a blending brush. I used a bright orange. Using a bright colour will really add that faded look but wont look nearly as bright on.
5. Apply a complimenting colour to the crease colour in the corner of the eye/tear duct area. I used a lavender to compliment the cranberry.
6. Apply a brown highlight and then blend out.
7. You can choose to leave out this step for a softer look. I took a makeup wipe and carved a clean angle at the edge of my shadow application.
8. Apply liquid liner, mascara and lashes and ta-dah! The completed look :)
** Throughout the steps you may have to go back and reapply more of a certain colour if you have lost some of it while applying another colour. For example, at the end, I went back and packed on more black shadow onto the lid to bring the boldness back.
Here is a closer look at the products I used:
1. Korres - Lavender (discontinued)
2. MAC - Carbon
3. Lise Watier - Cranberry (discontinued)
5. Smashbox - Artificial Light Luminizing Powder (discontinued)
Sorry so many things are discontinued! But it is super easy to find very similar colours from other brands or even the same brand!
Here is the finished eye:
Hope you guys enjoyed! If you love this step by step tutorial you may also love...
As always, feel free to contact me with questions or blog requests! oXo