Yesterday I was very much in the spring mood. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining and the snow was melting! I recently spruced up my house a bit for spring, check out my new table cloth and placemats (Ralph Lauren at Homesense)...
For this how to step-by-step I decided to do a very fresh, bright spring eye. There is really no dark colours on the eye (except liner and lashes), but you will notice that you don't need those dark colours to make your eye's appear larger. It's all about application and blending.
1/2. Apply Yogurt by MAC all over the lid, softening/blending into the crease.
3. Apply Motif by MAC on the brow bone as your brow highlight. Bring the product all the way down to meet up with the lid colour. I brought it down all the way into my inner tear duct.
4. Apply Beautiful Iris by MAC in the inner tear duct.
5. With a blending brush, apply Sushi Flower by MAC into the crease.
6. Blend until seamless.
7. Smudge a light grey shadow (I forget which one I used - just a random light grey will do, nothing to dark) along your lower lash line.
8. Apply liner/lashes/mascara. Then using a white liquid liner, line the underside of the wing you have created. In doing so, this will open up the eyes and really make them appear bright and big! I used Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner in Snow White. This little subtle touch will really add to the look!
Ta-dah! The completed look :) Here are the colours I used so you can see what they look like. You don't have to use these exact colours but maybe you can find something in your kit that's similar. Just remember to keep everything very light and airy.
Starting from the front: Beautiful Iris, Sushi Flower, Motif, Yogurt
Hope you all enjoyed this tutorial and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or request for blog posts!
Happy Hump Day! oXo Brittany