This past weekend my family and I went to Guelph to celebrate our good friends 25th anniversary and vow renewal! I had the pleasure of glamming up my mom and my sister with hair and makeup, here are their looks:
I received tons of positive feedback from my sisters hair/makeup so I thought I would share a bit on what we did. Victoria, had a very specific look in mind. She had found a tutorial for a short hair up do online and wanted me to recreate it. I looked it up and there are tons of tutorials on this style so I'm just going to share with you what we used and how we did it. If you wish to look up a video tutorial or something more in-depth the look is called "Halo Up Do." This is the finished look...
What you need:
- Lots of bobby pins
- Hair spray
- Stretch head band that is the same colour as your hair
How to create the look:
- Place the headband on your head (stretching over your hair like a halo, as if you were wearing the band "hippie style") and secure it in place with four bobby pins. One on each corner of the head (above the right and left temple and below/behind each ear).
- Start at the back and take one inch sections, rolling the hair towards the top of the head and tucking under the secured head band. After each tuck, spray thoroughly with hair spray.
- Continue until all the hair is tucked in and sprayed. This may not look perfect just yet and if you have small hairs that didn't want to tuck now is the time to go back and pin them in with bobby pins.
- Loosen areas that are too tight for the softer look.
For Victoria's makeup I went with something that would compliment an up do. Focusing on the upper eye lid and keeping the lower lid clean and bright. I would say her whole look had a very angelic feel. I kept things soft with a rose pink on the lips and a gold highlighter on the cheek bones.
Hope you guys liked this post and as always feel free to contact me with any questions or to book me for your next event!