Spa day wayyy out of the budget? Try some of these great at home recipes that will leave your skin feeling soft and pampered. Each recipe has it's own purpose, whether your looking to tighten up your skin, open up and de-clog pours or dry up blemishes. When using a hot mask of any kind, just be warned that this tends to bring out blemishes the next day so don't think it's not working. If you have an event coming up and you want to try and make sure that you wont break out, doing a hot mask or a detox mask about two weeks before hand is a great way to clean out the pores of dirt and bacteria. You may break out that week but next you will be clear clear clear. Here are a few to try at home!
Egg Mask: This mask will tighten and smooth skin
- take one egg and a bowl
- separate the egg whites from the yolk and discard the yolk (or save it later for cooking/baking)
- beat the egg whites (with a mixer is best) to create a frothy substance
- add in a bit of lemon juice (not only will this help with cleaning out the pores but also it smells great)
- apply the mask all over face avoiding eyes, leave on for 10-15 minutes
Peel Off Mask: This will help to remove dead skin cells leaving the skin with a glowing finish
- before applying the mask put a warm wash cloth on your face for 15 minutes (opening the pores)
- you will plain gelatine (which you can find at the grocery store) and fruit juice
- choosing your juice is dependant on the skin, for example...
Dry: Raspberry, Papaya, Pear, and Peach
Oily: Lemon, Orange, Grapefruit (anything citrusy)
- add a tablespoon of gelatine into 1/2 a cup of juice and mix
- microwave until the gelatine has dissolved (shouldn't take too long)
- remove from the microwave, mix and place in the refrigerator until the mixture is thick but not hard
- apply the mask and let it sit, allowing the mask to dry for about 20 minutes
- after just peel off and use a warm wash cloth to remove excess
Honey Treatment: Reduces the appearance of blemishes
- mix 3 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- apply on troubled area over night and wash off in the morning
*also try applying toothpaste to a pimple at night, it works wonders!
Hair Mask: Helps add shine and life back into hair
- mix 1 egg yolk, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of honey (if your hair is long and think double batch)
- massage throughout hair and leave on for as long as you wish (over night is great, just wrap up you hair in a scarf) wash out thoroughly the next morning.